Saturday, January 14, 2017

A few new makeup bits


Hello, I haven't bought any new makeup in quite a while considering I just finished my final papers for my first semester, basically caring how I look goes completely out the window during exam season. I figured I couldn't think of any better way to spend a little bit of my Christmas money then on some new additions to my little makeup collection. So on a little shopping trip to the mall, my friend and I stopped by Nars, initially just to re-purchase our concealer. We both use the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer and I picked up mine in Caramel. Honestly, the best part about this collection has got to be the shade range. It's so difficult to find a drugstore concealer that works for me because most of the shades available are all to fair to suit me so I decided to venture into Nars instead. The steep price is a little worth it though, the concealer is creamy, blends beautifully and matches my skin perfectly however the lasting power isn't as spectacular.
I notice my dark circles start to peek through, a little after midday when I apply it before classes in the morning. It still is a great concealer so definitely will be repurchasing until I come across something else I prefer. The second item we both purchased too was the blush in Orgasm. A cult classic that everyone raves about and one I've been eyeing for the past 2 years (not even kidding it's just too tough to part with so much money for just a blusher). I've bought a couple of said dupes for the product like the Wet & Wild blush in Pearlescent Pink and the ELF blush and bronzer duo but nothing really comes close to the original banger. The Wet & Wild one was pigmented and fairly close in colour but it was a lot more glittery than I preferred while the ELF one was too chalky. Nars Orgasm is beautiful though. The sales assistant applied it for us when we first stopped by to purchase the concealer but still hesitant to buy it, we decided to continue our shopping rounds first. However, we really couldn't get over how great the blush looked on the both of us, it works so well on all skin tones. It gives a subtle pink/coral flush to your cheeks and enhances it with a lovely glow as well. The versatile colour gave such a fresh, glowy look that I fell in love with and I was pleasantly surprised as well by how long the colour lasted. After admiring it for like the 10th time that day, we decided to bite the bullet and buy it. It may be a little bit expensive but its definitely a gorgeous colour worth investing in. Last stop was sephora where I picked up the Make Up Forever HD Powder. After shattering my Rimmel Stay Matte that I've had forever, I wanted to try something new so I opted for a translucent powder instead. I had to pick up the travel size powder because the full-size ones were all sold out (guess they're that good) but I think it's not too bad of an idea to give a new product a go with the smaller version. So far it's been pretty good, the powder is really soft and fine and doesn't leave any sort of white ghost-ish appearance on my face. I use it mainly to set my concealer and then dust it a little all over my face to even out my skin tone. If you've tried any of these products, what's your thoughts on them?

Talk soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments. I try to reply as soon as I can to all of them. Feel free to leave your blog links, I love checking them out :)